DFT Mini Food Park Supported by MoFPI
Prime Minister’s Kisan SAMPADA Yojana (Scheme for Agro-Marine Processing and Development of Agro processing clusters) – a central sector scheme approved by Government of India with an allotted budget of 6000 crore for the period 2016 -20 with 14 finance commission cycle. Ministry of Food Processing Industries, Government of India is implementing this scheme that helps to double the farmer’s income and also boosts the food processing sector which in turn supports in reducing the wastage of agricultural produce.
SAMPADA results in creation of Modern Infrastructure with efficient
supply chain management.
The following schemes are implemented under SAMPADA
- Mega Food Parks
- Integrated Cold Chain and Value Addition Infrastructure
- Creation/ Expansion of Food Processing/ Preservation Capacities (Unit Scheme)
- Food Safety and Quality Assurance Infrastructure
- Human Resources and Institutions
- Infrastructure for Agro-processing Clusters