Melon seeds are full of health benefits. The melon seeds are an excellent source of proteins, vitamins (folate, thiamine and niacin, vitamin B6 and pantothenic acid), minerals (magnesium, copper, zinc, iron, potassium, phosphorus, and manganese) fatty acids
- Delta Foods products are procured directly from growers and are processed and packed in our hygienic processing plant to retain their natural freshness, aroma and the original nutrients.
- According to the National Institutes of Health, magnesium helps regulate blood pressure and the metabolism of carbohydrates, which has a beneficial effect on blood sugar as well. Other important minerals in watermelon seeds are phosphorous, iron, potassium, sodium, copper, manganese and zinc.
- One ounce of watermelon seeds contains approximately 158 calories. That's not much lower than an ounce of Lay's Potato Chips (160 calories), but let's take a look at what constitutes an ounce. There are approximately 400 watermelon seeds in a single ounce, far too many to eat in one sitting. By contrast, there are only 15 potato chips in an ounce, far less than most people would normally munch in one sitting.
- One of several minerals found in watermelon seeds is magnesium. In a 4 gram serving, you'll get 21 mg of magnesium. The FDA recommends adults get 400 mg of this mineral daily. Magnesium is essential for many of the body's metabolic functions. It's also required to maintain nerve and muscle function, as well as immune, heart, and bone health.
- A handful of watermelon seeds contains about 0.29 mg of iron. It might not seem like much, but the FDA only recommends adults get 18 mg in their day. Iron is an important component of hemoglobin - carrying oxygen through the body. It also helps your body convert calories into energy.
Watermelon seeds are one of the most nutrient-dense varieties of seeds. They are a rich source of proteins, vitamins, omega 3 and omega 6 fatty acids, magnesium, zinc, copper, potassium and more. These seeds are high in calories though, so you need to mindful of your portions
Premium Quality: With Delta Foods, you can rest assured, knowing that you are buying premium quality raw Indian Pumpkin Seeds at an affordable price. Delta Foods guarantees that all their products are Gluten-free and fat-free with no added preservatives -being nothing but a healthy treat for the entire family!